What is affiliate marketing, best way to get started with affiliate marketing 2021?
Affiliate marketing refers to promoting other people’s products to earn a commission,
it is a modern way of selling through the internet, and this is different from the traditional way of selling which involves direct contact with your client. You can do anywhere from the comfort of your home or at the beach.
What is an affiliate program?
Affiliate program is an arrangement where a business pays another business for promoting their products.
You receive commission when someone purchases a product through you’re affiliate link, commissions can range from 0% to 100% commission, all you have to do is generate traffic that will result into a sale.
Reasons for affiliate marketing.
- Variety of products to promote,
There are very many products you can promote within your chosen niche.
- Not limited by time,
Your campaigns are available 24/7, as long as you have a website you can start campaigns and earn money while sleeping.
- Not limited to a geographical area.
You can sell in any part of the country as long as you have an internet connection, you can make a website, you tube channel and even use the power of social media to promote your campaigns.
- Not limited to a single company,
There are many companies outside there which are interested in getting affiliates across the globe, you can promote products for different countries.
- No office required,
You work anywhere as long as you have internet connection
- Make money while sleeping,
Your campaigns will be available globally, you will make money 24/7.
- You get free online training.
- You earn passive income,
People can purchase at any time so you earn money even in your sleep.
What affiliates do?
You open up an account with the affiliate program, after acceptance, you pick products which you want to promote. You can promote on your website, YouTube channel or social media accounts.
How does affiliate marketing work?
Affiliate marketing works by promoting other people’s product to your readers or friends and when they purchase or take action you earn a commission.
There are people involved in this process and they include:
- Seller or product creator, one who owns the product or vendor or creator
- Affiliate or publisher, individual or company that markets the product to customers. The affiliates receives a commission.
- Consumers. One who buys or uses the product. Affiliates share links on their websites and social media platform.
How do affiliate program marketers get paid?
Affiliates earn a commission from the profits or sales made. This can be in form of percentages or a single value. Affiliates can be paid according to:
- Pay per lead. Payment basing on how many customers takes action through your link to their website or landing page.
- Pay per sale, affiliates earn whenever someone buys the product through your link.
- Pay per click, affiliates get paid when someone clicks on the link to their website.
Affiliate marketing niches
- Health and fitness
- Sports and betting
You can get traffic from your website, Facebook, twitter, YouTube and many others
How it works?
You are assigned a unique link and when people click on that link and buy the product, you earn your commission.
Skills needed to succeed as an affiliate marketer.
- Data analysis
- Financial literacy
How to get started?
- Always start with multiple products to test which one is better
- Research about your products before selling them
11 Reasons to become an affiliate marketer.
Affiliate marketers earn a commission a very time an individual purchases a commodity.
Affiliate marketing offers an opportunity for bloggers to increase on their revenues by advertising their content.
These are the reasons why you should become an affiliate marketer.
1. No need for your own product, you only get a link to promote a product and if people purchase via your link, your account is credited.
2. Low risk, There is less investment required since joining is free, you just choose a product which people are purchasing.
3. High income, there is no limit on how much you can earn, it just depends on your hard work and energy in promoting these products.
4. No inventory, you don’t need to hold a stock of products, you just have to promote existing ones.
5. No processing cost, no cost involved in processing orders because that’s not your work.
6. No production cost, you don’t have to produce your own product, so you don’t incur any production cost, and you only need hosting and domain name to get started.
7. Free to join, most of the affiliate programs are free to join, if they request you to first pay, those are mostly spams.
8. You don’t need any employees to get started, you can start one man business and it gets running.
9. Many products to promote, there are a variety of products both physical and digital products available for you to promote worldwide.
10. No product shipping, you don’t have to incur any shipping cost all is done by the system.
11. No experience required, you can just start as long as you’re passionate about what you want to achieve.
12. Offers you an opportunity to learn new skills such as digital marketing, SEO, website design etc
13. No customer support, once you send traffic to the product, all other work is covered by them but not you
14. You can almost sell anything you come across and earn commissions, all you have to do is to choose your niche and get started.
15. Global market, you don’t market to a single individual or one specific geographical area, you have the whole world at your website.
16. Earn money 24/7, people make purchases at any time so there is no time when you affiliate products will be offline. People can purchase anytime.
17. Become your own boss, affiliate marketing allows you to do your work without anyone instructing you, you decide to do what you want and your own time.
18. You can work from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection and a laptop.
How to get started with affiliate marketing?
1. Know your audience
The products you promote should be those ones that provide solutions to the problems being faced by your audience
Know the needs of your audience and promote products that you know and believe that they are of good quality to your customers.
2. Identify the products
There are many products & services you as an affiliate can choose to promote to your audience
These products may include:
• Digital downloads
• Physical products
Promote products that you already know & believe that they are of value to your audience
3. Join the affiliate program
To join the affiliate program you need to apply & get approved in the affiliate program
Most of the affiliate programs require you to have a website before they can accept you into their program
After you have been accepted, they will provide you with a unique link called affiliate link which will help track your sales conversions
4. Start promoting your chosen products
Where can you promote those products?
• In your blog posts
• In your resources page
• In your emails
• Tools page
• Facebook group
• on your youtube channel
5. Accept & comply with the legal requirements
The legal requirement is that you should disclose your relationship with the merchant who is selling the products
You need to tell your audience that you will earn a commission whenever they make a purchase via your affiliate link
What are the best products to promote as an affiliate?
• Digital products such as ebooks, videos, PDFs,
• Online courses
• Online services such as consulting, SEO,
• Physical products
Why do most affiliate marketers fail to make money?
• Limited knowledge & skills about digital marketing
• Limited time devoted in marketing
• Limited experience i.e they tend to give up before they succeed
• Failure to take action
What is the best way to make money through affiliate marketing?
• Create a website or blog
• Build your audience
• Create awareness
• Drive traffic to your website
• Convert the traffic
• Increase conversion
• Increase sales
• Repeat the process above
My final thought on the reasons for becoming an affiliate marketer, types of products to promote & how to get started with affiliate marketing are as read from above, is there any reason that is left out? Comment with your opinion.
How to become a successful affiliate marketer?
- Pick your profitable Niche, know what you’re passionate about, choose those topics and create articles around those topics.
- Start Choose a good domain name, this is important, it should be easy to remember and use a self-hosted platform so that you can own it.
- Create high quality content around your niche, as you know that content is king, people will visit your blog to see quality content but if they don’t find what they want,
They will bounce back. Use your original content, don’t copy and paste
- Update content, your articles should be updated for new information and ideas.
- Monetize your blog. You can use google ads or use affiliate marketing to make money from your blog, start capturing leads examples of affiliate programs include click bank, maxbounty, Jvzoo etc.
- Develop rapport, for people to buy via your link, you need to create trust, people should be able to trust the information your sharing, promote products you truly know that is of value to your audience.
- Promote products you know are of value to your audience, don’t just promote to earn money, put your audience first.
- Review products you use, always make review of the best tested products, choose products your readers in your niche are interested in, you can review all products or programs that have an affiliate program.
- Choose good quality products with many positive reviews, we are all about creating trust by your audience.
- Use social media to market your blog, social sites include Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram.
- Start building your email list, use lead magnets like free eBooks, checklist to capture their email address
- Build links, you need both inbounds and outbound backlinks, you can start by linking to your available content.
- Diversify, promote products from many sellers so that to increase on your earnings, if one product is not converting, change and promote another product.
- Know your traffic sources and their needs, this will help you to know which products are converting or not.
How do you get products to promote?
- Get a product you want to promote
- Search for product affiliate program
- Sign up for the affiliate program
- Get an affiliate link
- Embed that link in your content
- Send traffic to your link
- When people buy, you earn commission.
Best way to get started with affiliate marketing in 2021.
- Choose your niche
- Design an affiliate marketing website
- create content in your niche
- find out products related to your niche
- sign up for affiliate program e.g Amazon, Clickbank or JVZOO
- make a review of those products and embed affiliate links
- Optimize your posts for the search engine and track your rankings.
- Share your content
- That is all that is needed.
How much can you earn from affiliate marketing?
It depends on your efforts, you can make $0-$1million, you income will depend on your promotions and the type of products your promoting.
There are both low ticket and high ticket programs, so it is upon you to choose which one to promote,
It takes same time to promote $7 product and $1000 product.
Types of affiliate marketing products
- Physical products
- Digital products
Physical products include camera, car, spareparts, clothes etc
Digital products include online courses, ebooks, software etc.
What are the best affiliate programs for beginners?
How can you start affiliate marketing content writing?
- Write reviews about your products
- Make tutorials about the use of the products
- Make guides
- Write comparison posts
- Share your content on social media
- Use email marketing
- create you tube videos and embed affiliate links in the description
- Embed your links in the content you share
- Drive traffic to your website
Note: Make use of link shortener or link management software like bitly and pretty links.
Have you enjoyed this article, I would like to hear from you?
Remember to share this on your social media accounts.