Who doesn’t want to save money? We all want but don’t know how to save money, discover the best 293 top best ways, tips and strategies to save money
What we will look at:
• How to save money on purchases?
• How to save money on a car?
• How to save money fast?
• How to save money each month?
• How can I save a lot of money?
• What are the best ways to save money?
• How can I be really good at money?
• What are the smart money-saving habits?
• How to manage your own money?
• How to save money from your salary
• How to save money as a teenager?
• How to save $1000 fast?
• What is the 30 days rule?
• Money saving apps
• How to save money as a teenager?
• Ways to save money on a tight budget
• How to save money in a bank?
• How to save money for the future at home?
• How to save money at home?
Saving refers to that part of your income that is not consumed while investing is putting your saving into something that will create more value in the future.
Saving your money earns a small interest and can easily be affected by inflation that is why we encourage people to invest in items that will generate more profit,
Investing involves taking risks, the higher the risk, the higher the profit.
For you to be successful you should be willing to take risks.
Money doesn’t grow on trees, it grows when you save and invest it, saving alone is not enough so you need to learn how to manage your finances.
The first step is having a financial plan of your goal, expenditure, and your budget.
Why do you need to save money?
Know the things you want to save and invest money for example:
Have a list of those items and then make a list of those items you want according to their priorities, make a decision in which time/ years you want to achieve those goals,
Know the years you will have to save in order to acquire those needs.
So you need to know your finances, know your monthly or yearly income, and know your expenditure.
To get your saving, you subtract your expenditure from your income.
Saving(S) = Income(Y)-Expenditure (E)
Investing (I) =s(S)
Best ways to increase you’re saving.
Many people complain that they have limited income forgetting that it doesn’t matter how much you earn but how much you keep.
What is important is to keep a certain proportion of your income, you should not struggle to consume all the money you have earned in your lifetime.
Savings = income-consumption
An increase in your consumption results in a decrease in your savings. The relationship between saving and consumption is negative.
In economics, we say that resources are scarce and so man has to make a choice of what to consume and what to leave (opportunity cost),
To succeed you have to make a list of preferences,
How to know how much to save?
- Have a goal in mind, how much you want to save
- You should list all your needs according to their priorities and then choose priorities.
- make a budget of what commodities or needs you want to solveknow your income
- know your expenditure
Savings = Income – expenditure.
Always track your income and expenditure, record whatever transaction you make every time you go for shopping, know your daily or monthly expenditures and then plan a head.
Always pay yourself first, whenever you earn your money always pay yourself or family bills first and then put the remaining amount into an investment account,
You can open up a saving account in the bank where they will be deducting a certain percentage of your earnings into a savings account every month.
How to get money for saving?
In case you spend all your income, its time now you start to consider your expenditures, make a list of preferences, list down all your expenses according to their priorities and then remove all expenses that are not necessities,
Expenses such as outing, going for dating, eating in restaurants can be reduced to increase on your savings. Start by saving the amount you can and it will go on increasing from time to time.
In case you have credit card debt, pay it off, you can also start an a fund towards clearing your debts, once your debt free,
Put all you’re saving into an investment, don’t buy expensive stuff if they are not necessities, always spend your money wisely.
Don’t use credit cards in case your spending money on non-profitable items because credit cards charge high interest rates, in the same way don’t borrow money to finance non-productive ventures/items.
Know how much people are demanding you and first pay debt with high interest rates,
Always make priorities to pay every month your debt, if you don’t pay, interest will turn to become compound interest where interest produces more interest. This becomes difficult for you to pay.
293 Best ways to save money
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies #Make a budget
A budget is an estimate of your income and expenditure
Before you spend your money you need to know how much you’re going to earn, how much you’re willing to save within that given month, year or day, and how much to spend
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies #Make a list of your preferences before shopping
Before going for shopping, make a list of all the products you want to buy, arrange them according to your priorities
Decide on which products to purchase or leave
You need to make a choice of what to buy or not
Those products that you leave becomes the opportunity cost
Assuming that you want to buy a car and a house but you have money that can purchase only one item
If you choose to buy a house, then a car becomes the opportunity cost
An opportunity cost is the next alternative foregone when choice is made
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies #Record your expenses
What do you want to spend money on? Note down your expenses monthly
This will help you track where your money is going
You will be able to identify which items take most of your money
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies #Pay yourself first
Have you ever earned money and you first plan to pay your landlord and electricity bills? This happens so often
Why not pay yourself first before paying others
Eat well, pay
Before paying others, know how much money you’re willing to invest in yourself instead of others
- Spend less than you earn
How much do you earn? How much do you spend? The difference between the two is what we call saving
If you spend less than what your own, you’re saving but if you spend more than what you earn you’re borrowing
Which category do you want?
- Savers or borrowers?
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies# Invest
Do you know that saving alone doesn’t make you attain financial freedom?
All you need to do is to invest the money you have saved in interest-bearing assets
Where should you invest?
- Real estate
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies #Pay off your credit card debts first
Ever wondered how your life would be if you have no debt? I believe you can live a debt free life if you decide to live a life of abundance
All you need is to pay off those debts, start with debts that bear the highest interest to debts with low interest
After you have paid fully, shy away from using those credit cards again
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies# Become a producer
We are talking of saving money, it’s like we are encouraging people to become consumers
What can it take you to become a producer?
Before starting this website, I read over a million blogs but one time I said am tired of being a consumer, I need to start producing
So this blog came up
Because of this blog, I can humbly say that I have joined a group of producers, not a consumer
- Make priorities
What do you want to achieve? Do you have priorities of things you want to work on first before others
Make priorities and follow them
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies #Find ways to cut your expenses
I believe that your expenses can be reduced and savings increased
Ask me how?
Read up to the end of this guideline
- Set saving goals
A goal is something that you want to achieve within a given period of time
Goals should be measurable, achievable, and realistic and time-bound
Common goals you can set include:
- Gain financial freedom
- Buy a house or an apartment
- Go back to school
- Buy a car
After knowing your goals, work towards achieving them
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies #Saving works well with investing
What is investing?
It is part of your income that is put in interest-bearing asset
It is putting in money to create more money
Without investing, saving money will not help you
Saving and investing go hand in hand
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies #Start with the little you have
What do you have now? You can start with the little you have, money grows
Money creates more money, the little you have will help you achieve high ladders
Don’t hesitate to start small and progress latter
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies #Pay off debts before starting to save
Once you have cleared all you debts, it is now time to sort your saving plan
One of the things you need to do is to shy away from going into debts again
Learn from what made you to go into it
Learn to fail forward, don’t fail backward keep moving and at one time you will achieve financial freedom
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies #Open up a saving account
Saving account will help you save money before you spent it, all you have is to save automatically part of your salary
Without first withdrawing, this will help you not to be tempted to spend the whole of it
- Avoid poverty mentality
What are those beliefs that are limiting you from saving more money?
- At home we are poor
- No one has ever achieved financial freedom
- We are all drunkards
- I can’t afford
- Where will get capital
Shy away from those beliefs, they are just limiting your brain to think for the best alternatives
Move forward and belief it is possible
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies #Audit your finances
Financial auditing is all about analysing where your money goes, does it go to right investment or you just waste
Have you ever asked yourself what you have done throughout the year?
What have you achieved? Did you attain your goal? What made you not too?
This is all about financial auditing
Our goal is to monitor and evaluate our spending
Always do yearly or monthly financial auditing of where your money goes
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies #Say goodbye to debt
Is it possible to say good bye to debt? Yes it can
All you have to do is to make sure that you pay off all the debts you have and swear not to fall into the debt trap again
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies #Save 20% of your salary automatically
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies# Have multiple streams of income
Do you know that most rich people have different streams of income? Relying on your full time job won’t help you save more
All your income will be consumed in family expenses
This is why I decided to leave the 9-5 job and concentrate on building my own online empire
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies #Unsubscribe from emails of marketers
Most of the times I receive these offers in my inbox from marketers all the time requesting me to purchase a software or enrol for a course
I know that they are working hard to make a sale and those messages are so persuasive in nature
So if you have no intention of purchasing, please unsubscribe to such emails because they will make you buy products you don’t need
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Get healthcare insurance from your employer
Does your employer offer health insurance? If yes why pay from your pocket yet your insured?
Getting insurance at the work place will help you save more money that you would have spent on healthcare
- Request for discounts
- Reduce on your phone bills
- Turn off television
- Prepare your own coffee instead of buying out
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies# Stay away from vacations
How much money do spend on vacation? How much would you have saved if you were not going for vacation?
This is the time to think twice, should I go for vacation or save the money I would spend on it?
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies #Invite friends at home instead of taking them out
What is the cost of taking your friend s for a dinner in a restaurant or hotel? Quite expensive
How about if you can prepare food at home?
This is cost effective
So instead of taking friends out, invite them for a dinner at home
- Eat lunch or super from your work place
- Sell items that you don’t use in your home
- Change bank accounts to those with low charges
- Stop buying and consider selling
- Turn off lights
- Buy quality and durable products instead of cheap and poor quality ones
- Do price comparison before shopping
- Avoid stress spending
- Share your dream with people you love
- Cancel unused club memberships
- Shop at a farmers market instead of a super market
- Make your own birth day cakes or gifts
- Pay upfront for a long period on your subscriptions
- Pay hosting for a long period at a discounted rate
- Make use of free trials or freebies
- Use cashback apps on shopping
- Move with your own shopping bag
- Sign up for customer rewards programs
- Plan your means, eat from home
- Share a room with a friend instead of paying for it alone
- Don’t go for shopping while hungry
- Always have a backup meal
- Grow your own fruits and vegetables
- Purchase used items instead of new ones
- Compare prices before purchasing
- Don’t run for the latest products
- Make use of organic traffic
- Enjoy a co working space
- Rent out your unused rooms in your home
- Combine babysitting expense with your neighbour
- Learn to fix things by yourself
- Keep and warm your leftovers instead of dumping it in a dust bin
- Purchase products during harvesting season
- Get your own home office and reduce expenses on transport and food
- Avoid bottled water
- Rent your unused rooms on Airbnb
- Make your own coffee
- Don’t spend money during stress times
- Learn to maintain your car by yourself
- Cut your own hair instead of going for a barber
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies #Get a cheap place to live in
Which place do you live in? London? Washington? Silicon or new York?
In some areas the cost of living is extremely high compared to others
Why live in an area where you student doesn’t fit?
Change location and live in a place that is affordable and cost-effective
- Grow your own food instead of buying
- Delete credit card numbers from online subscriptions
- Cancel unused memberships
- Pay yourself first
- Shop on black Fridays
- Rent out unused space in your room e.g to Airbnb.com
- Join uber and drive your car and get paid
- Use low consuming fuel cars
- Remove your credit or debit card numbers from online stores
- Cancel magazines subscription
- Eat or carry your breakfast
- Shop for holidays before prices go high
- Get life insurance
- Get a fuel saving and consuming car
- Invest in a freezer and keep your left overs instead of dumping them
- Purchase legally stolen or abandoned items through auction
- Wash your own car
- Drive at a low speed
- Drive a different route to work
- Use coupons while purchasing products
- Make your own beer
- Learn to inspire yourself
- Read more
- Buy a small house instead of renting
- Dress minimally
Put on less expensive but descent clothes, don’t purchase clothes that you don’t put on
Why would you have a ward loop of clothes you can’t wear?
- Use public transport instead of purchasing your own car
- Pack food for road trips
- Always not down what you want to purchase
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies# Change bank accounts and go for those with lower charges on savings or deposit
Banks charge different rates to keep your account active, these rates are different from bank to bank
Why stay with a bank that charges you high rates yet there are bank that charge low fee
This will help you to save more money due to reduced charges on you ATM and transaction charges
- Purchase products in the evening
- Reduce on your television subscriptions
- Make use of free rewards on shopping
- Purchase old products
- Use coupon codes while shopping
- Always ask for a discount
- Have at least one no spend day
We mean that you decide that on this day I will not spend any single coin from my pocket
- Purchase in bulk and request for a discount
- Reduce on money you take to a car washing bay, clean your car by yourself
- Get cheap travel tickets
- Pack your own food
- Cancel your membership subscription
- Sale products you don’t use in your room
- Earn free bonus on online shopping
- Bargain for a cut on your rent
- Apply the 30 rule day rule
- Insure your property
- Get life insurance
- Repair your clothes
- Spend less money on entertainment
- Invite friends to your home not going out
- Sell your old phone or laptop
- Cancel all subscriptions you don’t need online
- Go to see movies during peak times
- Cook your own food
- Eat less meat
- Reduce money you spend on vacation
- Buy a small house instead of living in a big one
- Reduce on your shopping
- Sign up for free trials
- Enrol for free courses and services
- Use gift cards on shopping
- Reduce money you spend on video games, get offline videos
- Negotiate rates on credit card charges
- Wash your own clothes instead of paying for laundry services
- Stock over drinking of alcohol
- Take tap water instead of purchasing bottled water
- Turn off lights
- Reduce on the use of electric appliances
- Purchase durable appliances not poor quality ones at low price
- Don’t pay for software you don’t need
- Purchase only necessities
- Request for a free delivery
- Always walk on foot
- Drink more water
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Resale your old gadgets
How many old items do you have in your store? Why don’t you convert them into cash?
Sell off those items and put that money into your saving account
- Make your own gifts rather than purchasing them
- Use a public library instead of buying books
- Don’t pay withdraw fees
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Reduce on the amount of taxes you’re paying
In this I don’t mean that you do tax evasion because it is illegal but there are ways you can reduce your taxes by working from home
Doing business from the comfort of your home, no one will come to you that we need taxes
- Eat vegetable instead of meat
- Travel for less on a train
- Use public means instead of private car
- Unsubscribe to memberships you don’t need
- Make use of family insurance from your employer
- Make use of free overdraft instead of those that charge fees
- Sign up for loyalty cards
- Reduce of eating meat
- Make your own products if you can
- Get a durable mobile phone or laptop
- Make a plan of your expenses in advance
- Get royalty points for shopping
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Use public wifi instead of your own
Do you live in an area with public wifi or hotspot? Do you know how much data you can save by making use of this free resource?
Am a fun of using free wifi and I usually use at the public library and hotel
You can spend $2 at a hotel and use data of $15
Am a creator and not a consumer, when I go to a hotel for wifi. I have to make sure that I upload all my YouTube videos which go even beyond 500 MB
In this I save more money compared to purchasing my own data
- Carry your own water and bottle
- Learn to fix your own car
- Don’t heat unused rooms
- Make money from your packing
- Put off lights and heaters
- Pack your own lunch
- Get student funding
- Get unemployment benefits
- Make good exercise
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Enrol in free courses
You can learn almost any skill online free of charge, there are many free courses available which you can make use of
Why not enrol for these free courses and save more money
- Study abroad on a scholarship
- Always keep moving forward
- Reduce on your water bills
- Automate your savings
- Make use of spare change apps like Acorn, Digit etc
- Pay off your debt
- Start an emergency fund.
- Get a roommate if your single
- Reside from home, don’t rent.
- Don’t subscribe to unnecessary TV channels
- Cut your electricity bills by always turning off TV and fringes.
- Eat in hotels less frequently
- Cook for yourself
- Pack your own food to work place
- Share meals with a colleague
- Don’t buy movies
- Attend movies during day time
- Buy in bulky
- Visit a library but not to buy books
- Shop around, buy from stores with low prices
- Bargain in the market
- Buy what is necessary
- Make a budget before spending
- Stop attending expensive shows, cinema halls and outings
- Set an amount to spend which you cannot exceed
- Don’t just save, save for a purpose in future
- Do automatic saving, set an amount your willing to save every month
- Start small and grow
- Start saving for retirement enough
- Save your tax refunds and windfalls
- Have a saving plan
- Apply the 24 hour role which says before purchasing an item wait for 24 hours to decide whether it is essential or not
- Treat yourself and save the money you would have used
- Unsubscribe from marketing emails that persuade you to buy
Banking, credit and debt saving tips
- Use ATM machines of your bank instead of withdrawing money through an ATM machine of another bank
- Auto pay your bills
- Get free debt counselling or training
How to save money on entertainment? Best ways, tips and advice to save money
- Make use of the library instead of purchasing a book
- Go to YouTube and get entertained instead of going to the theatre
- Make use of public resources available
How to save money on friends and families? Money saving tips, advice and strategies
- Have a limit on your spending
Do you have a limit of what amount you’re willing to spend within a day week or month?
If not you need to get it
A limit will help you run away from unnecessary spending that may come unplanned for
- Start saving for college before the start
- Purchase durable clothes and property that will last for long
- Prepare for them instead of taking them out for a dinner
- Have a no spend day in a week
What can it be in a day when you don’t go for shopping or buy anything from your neighbourhood?
Train yourself to have a no spend day where you don’t spend anything
How to save money on food? Money saving tips, advice and strategies
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies# Go for shopping when you’re not hungry
What always happen when you go for shopping hungry is that you look at every food item and admire it
So if you have a balance you will be enticed to spend it
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies# Have a plan of your meals
Plan what you want to meat but always make sure that you have a balanced diet at a minimal cost
Have a plan of what you want to eat throughout the week
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies# Make use of leftovers
Ever prepared food and some was left out? What do you do with those left overs?
Do you throw them to the dust bin?
Do you know you can save money by warming or using deep freezers to keep your leftovers good for eating
How to save money on healthcare? Best money saving tips and advice
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies# Get health insurance
Ever considered of getting a premium health insurance package for your life, child or spouse?
This is the time you need to get one
There are certain circumstances that will come in your life where you cannot manage to pay the cost of the healthcare bill
You can insure your life, child, spouse, house, property against fire, robbery etc
This will help you get control of circumstances that are not under your control
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies# Bargain so often
Bargaining will help you reach at a conclusion between the buyer and the seller
You need not to accept whatever market price you find, most of these prices have been exaggerated
They are not the market value of those products, why not bargain?
I one time bargained in a super market and the attendant replied that this is a supermarket and then I replied so what
It is my money that am going to spend
- Make price comparisons for the best healthcare provider
There are many expensive health care providers who are willing to sell to you a $1 tablet for $4 and make a profit of $3
The healthcare is a profitable industry that is good at cheating customers
- Store properly your own medicine
Why would you buy medicine yet you still have the one which is not expired?
Am not supporting self-prescription or medication, all you have to do is to follow the guidelines of the physicians on the use of those drugs
Always purchase medicine in a pharmacy not drug shops or clinics
Drug shops and clinics sell expensive drugs to make more profits
One time fell sick and I want to a physician and failed to get healed, then I told the physician that I no longer want to take any medicine from your facility because I have failed to get healed
He replied “we have been using Indian medicine but since they have failed to work, we are changing to more expensive drugs from Germany” then I asked myself what have they been waiting for?
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Always make a lot of physical exercise
Making exercises will help keep your body healthy, always go to the gym, run, and exercise regularly
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Make use of local herbs instead of purchasing manufactured ones
Do you have herbs that can work in your area? There are many herbs that can cure your diseases instead of wasting over $100
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Grow vegetables instead of buying
Do you have a small compound or garden? Why not grow your own vegetables?
Instead of buying tomatoes, cabbage, green paper, grow them by yourself
You will save that money for the future
How to save money on your home?
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Buy a small house instead of renting one
Why would you purchase a house with over three vacant rooms you’re not using?
Do you know the cost of maintaining such houses? You will need to pay water bills, electricity bills, property tax, and maintenance fees
All these will take away the amount of money you would have saved
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Use energy saving appliances
I have explained this below but you need to have quality power saving appliances, run away from low quality appliances that are designed to consume high power volts
This will save you some money
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#use water efficiently instead of wasting it
Do you know the amount of water that is wasted in a year? How often do you leave water to leak at your tap? Do you know how much water children spoil in a year?
Using water efficiency will help increase your savings,
The amount of money you would have spent on water bills, you will use it to increase your savings
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#have your own tank instead of relying on tap water
Have ever thought of owning your personal tank in a school?
Owning your own tank will help you have water throughout the rainy period
This will make you shy away from using paid tap water
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#use detergent efficiently to avoid wastage
How do you use shop in your home? Have you ever seen a bar left inside the basin full of water?
Do you know the amount of detergent that is being wasted throughout the year?
If detergents are used well, your saving would increase
How to save money on transport?
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Compare travel prices from different travel agents
Are you a fun of travelling? How much money do you spend on travel? Do you know that different companies charge different prices for the same travel distance?
Always compare flight prices and choose the one where you will pay less for the same quality of service
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Get a roommate if your single
What is the cost of your rental room? How would it be if you had shared it with a friend?
We used to share a room four people while at University and the cost would be minimal since your sharing resources
Why would you prefer to stay alone yet there are other good people looking for roommates?
I used to come from Kagadi district but slept with roommates from Kapchorwa, Bushenyi, Arua, mukono etc
All these were good people whom I used to learn from
Most people say that they want privacy, what are you protecting? Witchcraft? Sorcery, homesexuality, prostitution etc?
Sharing a room will help you save more money compared to staying in a single room
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Reside from home, don’t rent.
Am the guy who used to say that I cannot fail to pay rent but time came and I lost my job, guess what?
I was forced to move away from town footing back home and all my belongings where left in someone’s house for a year
Rent can take up most of your earnings if you’re not careful
I used to pay rent and make an evaluation at the end of the year how much I had paid my landlord
Rent used to take over 40% of my income, meaning that I would almost save nothing
If your home place is near the work place, please don’t rent, stay at home
This will make you save money
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Don’t subscribe to unnecessary TV channel
Do you have time to watch 50 channels on a television? Why would you subscribe to all that?
Subscribe to channels you feel they are of value to you
Don’t just buy the highest premium package yet you cannot use it
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Use rain water
One time I got surprised by my landlord when I was still renting, they used to complain of high water bills yet when it would rain no one who would fetch rain water
They would just leave it to flow yet if they had collected it, the water bills would reduce
There is no need of spending money on water bills during rainy season
Cut water bills expenses and put a side that money for your savings
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Cut your electricity bills by always turning off TV and fringes
Switch off power whenever you’re leaving your home, don’t leave lights on, fridges on, TV screen on, computer on, heaters on etc
This will help you reduce on the expenses you incur on electricity bills
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Cook for yourself
Do you know the amount of money you spend while eating outside your home?
Why not cook your own food?
Cooking your own food is cheaper compared to eating in a restaurant or hotel
You can prepare a balanced diet at affordable cost compared to that of eating outside
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Pack your own food to work place
Do you know how much money you spend on lunch in a year? What if you would pack your own lunch from the food you prepared at home? There are food flasks that can help keep your food warm and fresh
You can save the money which you spend on lunch, in a year you would have saved $365
Assuming you save $1 per day
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Share meals with a colleague
Are you a college student? Do you know that the cost of cooking a meal for a single individual is the same as the cost of cooking a meal for two or three people?
I faced this while at University, I used to cook alone but the food I would cook and the expense incurred was equivalent to that of two people
Take an example of the ingredients needed such as salt, spices, cooking oil, charcoal etc
To save more money you need to share a meal with a friend
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Don’t buy movies
Do you know that you can save more money by renting movies instead of buying them?
We all have laptops
Instead of buying rent or borrow a movie and copy it to your computer
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies# Attend movies during day time
Do you know the difference between the price of attending movies during day time and evening times?
As economist students know that this is a pricing mechanism people use to decide on what price to charge in movie shows or cinema halls
They charge a low price during day because there are few people and the income group is low
In the evening even the competition to watch a movie is high compared to day time
High price is charged in the evening because it is time for the working class who have come from work and they want to refresh themselves
This pricing mechanisms works well if you can differentiate the income levels of your customers
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Buy in bulky
Buying in bulky has great advantages associated with the discount you receive,
The more you buy in bulky the more money your will save
Bulky purchasing will help you save some backs of money in your pocket
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Purchase products during harvest period
Do you know that at harvest products tend to be cheaper compared to when you buy at the end of the harvest season?
Buying at harvest will help buy more and save money you would have spent
I always prefer to purchase quality agricultural products when it is harvest and store for the future period
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Pay less on power
How do you put on lights at your home? How long does you TV screen stay on while there is no anyone watching those shows? How often do you use your flat iron? Do you use heaters or percolators? How often does your fridge stay on?
Do you know that all these things take away power?
It is advisable if your using a flat iron, iron all the clothes at once, don’t iron one cloth at a time, it will consume your power
Switch your TV screen whenever there is no anyone watching it
At the end you will find that your expenses will reduce and more money will be saved in return
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Make research before buying a product
Do you know that when you research about a given product will help you know the price of that product hence you cannot be cheated
Most people sell to us over priced goods because we are ignorant of what the price is
Why buy a product you don’t know its market price?
Always make research before buying products
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Separate your checking and saving account
How many accounts do you have? Separate the two accounts, the one for saving and the one for checking out
Make sure that you add money to your saving account monthly, quarterly or annually
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Reduce on the number of times you withdraw from your ATM
Do you know that every transaction you make deducts money from your account and the bank makes money?
Banks charge you for every transaction you make, why make banks richer while your account is demolishing?
You can go to your nearby ATM card once a month than going their 4 times
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies# Give yourself a saving challenge
Can you save 50% of your salary? Give yourself a challenge that next month you will save 75% of your salary?
It is achievable once you’re determined to do it, open a separate saving account and make sure that that money is saved automatically
You can set a certain amount of money that you will save within a month, quarter or year
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Visit a library but not to buy books
Do you stay near a public library? Am a fun of using free WIFI at our public library?
Why would you buy a book yet you can get it for free at the public library?
Make use of the library to save more money
Books are there free of charge, you can borrow those books and make summaries of the key points
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Shop around, buy from stores with low prices
Do you know that you can get cheap products at low prices? Why go to expensive highly priced supermarkets yet you can get those products anywhere at low prices
Don’t shop from places you know that they sell over priced goods
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Bargain in the market
Do you know how much money you can save when you bargain? Most people accuse me of bargaining all the time
This makes me save money from business men who want to sell me over priced products
As a student of economics, I know that the set price is not the same as the buying price
Do you know that you can even bargain on your health bills? This is where most people don’t bargain yet they should
You can save more money by bargaining on your health bills because most of physicians sell medical products at a higher profit and they are willing to reduce on price
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Buy what is necessary
What do I need I life?
- A house
Why would you buy 100 clothes? When will you put them all? You don’t need all that
Buy what is neccessary
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Cancel all your TV premium payments
Which is your favourite TV show? Or channel? Do you really have time to watch 100 TV channels? Why do you subscribe to all these ones?
I only have time to watch news plus other educative programs and that is the only program I need on a television
You don’t need to pay premium package yet you have no time to watch them
All you can do is divert that money and put it into your saving or emergency account
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Stop attending expensive shows, cinema halls and outings
Do you know that shows are designed to take away money from you? Do you know that show organisers and promoters take money from you while you’re being entertained
Do you know how musicians and promoters make money?
These guys make money at the expense of your spending, they have built mansions from your money and they are leaving a luxurious life from your stupidity
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies# Spend on necessities
Do you know what necessities are? They are products or services you cannot do without?
Examples of necessities include:
- Medical care
Though there is an argument whether sex is a necessity or not
Spending money on alcohol, smoking, etc can be reduced
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies# Don’t buy something because of band wagon
Have you ever bought something because your friend has bought it? This happened to me when I was getting started with money
I never had value for until a run broke, it is when I realised that bandwagon was band
Before buying a product, ask yourself do it need this product? What value does it have in my life?
If a product adds no value to you, don’t buy it.
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies# Don’t use credit cards
Do you use credit cards? How do you make use of them? Have you ever asked yourself how your life would look like without a credit card?
How would your income be?
Credit cards make you speed on products which you would have not bought
All you have to do is to shy away from them and your savings will increase
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Cancel membership plans you don’t need
There are many memberships that deduct money from our accounts which we don’t even need
Membership to certain programs, websites, YouTube channels etc take money from our accounts
When a realised this, that these were taking away my money I decided to cancel all online subscriptions I had and this reduce the amount of money that was deducted regularly on my account
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Don’t take alcohol or smoke
Have you ever asked yourself how much money you speed on alcohol or smoking?
Alcohol makes people to speed money like as if they have not worked for it
The time it takes to get money is higher compared to the time it takes to spend it on alcohol
If you cannot stop taking alcohol and recommend that you take little of it
You can even purchase your bottle of wine and take it while at home but not in a bar
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Use public transport to save money on transport fairs
Have you ever asked yourself the cost of driving your own car or motorcycle?
Driving yourself will increase your expenses
You will incur costs of maintenance, fuel, brokerages, replacements etc
These will reduce your savings
So make use of cheap public transport
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies# Go for free trials instead of purchasing free membership of products or tools you won’t use in future
Do you know that there are many software that offer free trials? You can make use of these free trials and cancel subscriptions when the free trial ends
Examples of those tools include
- SEO tools
- Email marketing tools
- Social media tools
To benefit from these free trials, you need to sign up for them after you have seen a need for the service offered by that software
Or else you will find that you have signed for all free trials which is a waste of opportunities
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Download free books instead of buying them
Do you know that you can get a free copy of the book sold on Amazon or other book stores online?
Ask me how?
I got many books which a would have bought free of charge by leveraging the use of the internet
Books may range from Rich Dad poor Dad to how to become rich
All you need to do is to type in the search engine the title of the book you want and add PDF at the end, you will get books that are related to that search intent
Most of what will come in the search engine will be related or reviews about that book you want
In my life as a digital marketer, I never bought any book
Get me right, am not discouraging you from purchasing those books because the owners want to make money but my interest lies in saving more backs of money for the future
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Watch YouTube videos instead of purchasing an expensive course
Is there any skill you would like to learn? There is an opportunity for you to learn any skill of your own choice on YouTube
You can learn video editing, graphic design, logo design, digital marketing, interview preparation etc on YouTube free of charge
Why not make use of free content available to improve your skills?
I learnt digital and affiliate marketing free of charge from YouTube videos and now am a star
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Enjoy cash back whenever you shop online
Who doesn’t want to be given money back after shopping online? Am a fun of money back sites
So when you buy from your online grocery, use websites that provide money back
Even though the money given back may not be much, it can add up to a certain amount
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Credit cards are evil
I don’t mean that they are bad but the way you make use of them determines whether they are evil or bad
You need to use credit cards where they are necessary, most times they entice you to go for shopping on commodities you don’t even need
If you have nothing you want to buy it is advisable that you don’t move with your creditcard
How to save money with apps?
These are the best apps that will help you earn money by shopping or performing tasks online
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Ibotta: earn money for shopping products online from the chosen grocery
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Chime: best app for saving money
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Acorn: best app to help you invest
- Stash: best for micro investing
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies#Dosh: best cash back app when you shop or eat in a participating glocery
- Rakuten: best for online money back shopping
- Inboxdollars: best for online surveys
- Surveyjunkie: best for online surveys
- Swagbucks: best for taking surveys
- Money saving tips, advice and strategies# Never give up
I know saving is a skill that you developed with determination and dedication
So never give up
Once you have chosen to start saving, the sky is the limit
Remember: Saving alone won’t make you rich, it is just the beginning, investing is the only thing that will change your financial situation
You need to use money to create more money
How to save money?
In order for you to increase your savings, you need to learn the best money management tips outlined above
You need to have a budget showing your income and expenditures
What we have looked at?
- How to save money on purchases?
- How to save money on a car?
- How to save money fast?
- How to save money each month?
- How can I save a lot of money?
- What are the best ways to save money?
- How can I be really good at money?
- What are the smart money saving habits?
- How to manage your own money?
- How to save money from your salary
- How to save money as a teenager?
- How to save $1000 fast?
- What is the 30 day rule?
- Money saving apps
- How to save money as a teenager?
- Ways to save money on a tight budget
- How to save money in a bank?
- How to save to save money for the future at home
- How to save money at home?
Is there anything you would like to know about how to save money? Have you liked this article, Feel free to share your opinion with us in the comments below?